Saturday 27 February 2016

Saturday Smashbook Show and Tell 3

Hi everyone!
These are probably some of my favourite Smashbook pages so far. I can't really say why, I just really like them. Although I still feel they could all be busier. I think my problem may be overthinking the pages. Instead of just 'Smashing' stuff in I'm very hungup on composition and theming the pages and so on. I need to get a bit looser and more free.

Anyway if you'd like to watch this being made you can see my video here 

This first page is meant to be a pink, girl, gaudy, tacky mess.
I started with a page in my Smashbook which was pale pink with diamonds all over. I then layered a piece of holographic/iridescent pink wrapping paper and a fabulous postcard of Barbara Cartland.


 

Look at her in all her soft-focused glory.

 

I then finished off the page with some slightly metallic gold gum paper stars and pink fabric bows.

 
I feel like I need to get some pink Marabou to frame the whole page!


My final page for today was this pest/insect page. The original Smashbook page was a sort of textured red-orange back with little fly doodles. The main image was the cover of a booklet from the 2009 South Bank Centre Pestival season. Every summer the South Bank Centre in London has a sort of themed festival type thing with food, concerts, art and so on and Pestival was themed around insects.

 

At the bottom I put part of a flyer for a music night I went to which is an antique-ish looking image of Beetles in bell jars. It's slightly damaged but I didn't mind that.


Then I also added  this little image which was also in the Pestival leaflet. It's a photo of a piece of sculpture. I wanted to make the page look like a posterboard or bedroom wall where someone had just stuck up images. To try and achieve this I added some small, messily ripped bits of washi tape. Finally i added some little 3D insect stickers from Paperchase all over 

 

I'd love to hear your thoughts on these pages or my Smashbooking style in general. If anyone has any tips on being more free with my pages that would be amazing.
But anyway thank you so much for reading this and I hope you all have a great saturday.#
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment